The landfill is currently on Summer hours.
Summer landfill hours run April to September Tuesday 8am-4pm, Thursday 12pm-8pm, Saturday 8am-4pm. Winter landfill hours run October to March Tuesday 8am-4pm, Thursday 8am-4pm, Saturday 8am-4pm.
The Eston & District Landfill is jointly operated by the RM of Snipe Lake No. 259 and the Town of Eston. The landfill is located 2 miles straight east of Eston on Highway 44 and then 3/4 miles south on the gravel road.
A Bill of Lading must be completed upon entry to the landfill. Rates are as shown on the bill of lading.
- All vehicles must register before entering the landfill.
- A Bill of Lading is required for each load brought to the landfill.
- Loads will be inspected by the Landfill Attendant to verify contents.
- Contents must be sorted by type and placed in the proper area as directed by the Landfill Attendant.
- The Eston & District Landfill reserves the right to turn away contents at the discretion of the Landfill Attendant.
- Access outside of regular hours can be obtained based on staff availability and can be booked through the Town Office at a rate of $25 per trip during business hours and $50 per trip outside of business hours in addition to regular landfill rates. Proof of payment must be presented upon entering the landfill.
- Proof of residency or land ownership in the RM of Snipe Lake or Town of Eston is required in order to access resident rates.
- Scavenging is prohibited.
Accepted Items (Charges may apply)
- Trees, leaves, branches, grass clippings, clean wood
- Propane tanks
- Steel (must be smaller than 4 x 4 pieces)
- Appliances (must be Freon free; only those not accepted by SARCAN)
- Construction rubble, demolition debris, renovation materials including
- Cement, asphalt, concrete (must be separated)
- Waste items do not have to be bagged but materials must be strapped down when transporting
- Recyclable materials accepted at the Recycle Centre including all cardboard, paper, glass, tin, and plastics
- SARCAN accepted materials
- Tires, batteries, oil
- Hazardous substances
- Pressurized tanks
- Grain or silage bags
- Used chemical containers
- Carcasses and hides
- Motorized vehicles and water crafts
- Fuel tanks
- Contaminated soil
Items not listed on the accepted or prohibited lists will be accepted or rejected at the discretion of the landfill attendants.
Located at the Eston & District Landfill, the EcoCentre will accept up to 500 litres of used lubricating oil, 100 litres of used antifreeze per customer visit, plus up to 1 drum of used oil filters, as well the plastic oil/antifreeze/diesel exhaust fluid containers.
Drop off is available any time the landfill is open, and there is no charge to drop off.
For more information call the office at 306-962-4444, or the Sask. Association for Resource Recovery at 1-877-645-7275 or visit www.usedoilrecyclingsk.com.