Economic Development Officer
Help build the foundation on which our community will grow.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Eston & District Economic Development Committee is seeking an individual to work permanent part time as the Economic Development Officer. Reporting to the Town of Eston CAO, this person would be primarily responsible for economic development & business relations for the Town of Eston and the RM of Snipe Lake.
Projects and Duties
- Facilitate the creation of an economic development strategy
- Identify business and economic development opportunities
- Oversee the Welcome Wagon program
- Manage the ordering and sales of all clothing and other ‘swag’
- Coordinate the trade show every other year
- Organize business engagement events
- Oversee the Economic Development Committee including meetings, minutes, coordination, and engagement
- Develop and implement a business attraction strategy including informational materials and tours
- Work on a business attraction plan for the area including zoning and incentives
- Conduct business visits and other activities to stay connected with businesses in the area
- Act as the primary point of contact for business and investment inquiries
- Maintain housing information for the community
- Update the business database
The ideal candidate has training in community development, economic development, or equivalent transferable skills and experience. He or she has coordination, communication, and project management experience. The candidate is enthusiastic, works well with people, is organized, has good attention to detail, and can manage a large volume of competing demands.
Applicants may submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to email@example.com, in person at 111 4th Ave SE, Eston, or by mail to Box 757, Eston, SK, S0L 1A0 For more information, please contact CAO Jody Schmidt at 306-962-4444 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.