Economic Development Officer & Communications
Help build the foundation on which our community will grow.
Application deadline: June 1
The Eston & District Economic Regional Development Board is seeking an individual to work part time as the Economic Development Officer. Reporting to the Town of Eston CAO, this person would be primarily responsible for economic development, business relations, marketing and communications for the Town of Eston and the RM of Snipe Lake.
Projects and Duties
· Facilitate the creation of an economic development strategy
· Identify business and economic development opportunities
· Oversee the Welcome Wagon program
· Manage the ordering and sales of all clothing and other ‘swag’
· Coordinate the trade show every other year
· Organize business engagement events
· Oversee the Economic Development Board including meetings, minutes, coordination and engagement
· Develop, implement and carry out a business attraction strategy including informational materials and tours
· Continued work on a business attraction plan for the region including zoning and incentives
· Conduct business visits and other activities to stay connected with businesses in the region
· Act as the primary point of contact for business and investment inquiries
· Maintain housing information for the community
· Issue media releases
· Maintain and manage website content, social media accounts, photography and videos Relating to Economic Development Initiatives and Programs
The ideal candidate has training in community development, economic development or marketing fields, or equivalent transferable skills and experience. He or she has coordination, communication and project management experience. The candidate is enthusiastic, works well with people, is organized, has good attention to detail and can manage a large volume of competing demands.
Applications and Structure
The position would work approximately 16 hours a week. Hours and schedule are negotiable. There could be a potential to assist in other areas.
For more information contact Town of Eston Chief Administrative Officer, Jody Schmidt, at 306-962-4444 or firstname.lastname@example.org Applications, including resume and references, can be submitted to the Town Office by email, mail or in person at 217 Main Street, or by mail to Box 757 Eston SK S0L 1A0.