Recreation Maintenance Supervisor
Application deadline: May 31, 2019
The Eston & District Recreation Board is looking to fill a full time, permanent Maintenance Supervisor position. Reporting directly to the Recreation Director, this position is responsible for overseeing all recreation department maintenance activities. A comprehensive benefits package is provided and competitive salary ranging from $42,000 to $53,000 is provided. Training, professional development and opportunity to advance within the organization are available.
This position works full time on recreation department focused activities. In winter months, evening and weekend work is required. In summer months, shifts are typically Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm.
- Ensure day to day operation, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of all recreation facilities
- Oversee the maintenance of the swimming pool, campground, ball diamonds, fairgrounds and AGT Community Centre, including the bowling alley, curling rink, skating rink, kitchens and meeting rooms
- Works with Recreation Director in the maintenance and cleanliness of campsites and shower house
- Work closely with other Recreation Maintenance staff to ensure all aspects of maintenance operations are completed
- Interact with the public and respond to requests
- Prepare the facilities for special event such as the rodeo, weddings, the trade show and group parties
- Maintain and operate equipment including the Zamboni and mowers
- Other projects and duties as assigned
A criminal record check and class 5 driver’s license are required, with a willingness to upgrade to a 3A. Refrigeration Plant Operator, Arena 1 and Arena 2, Pool Operator’s Certificate or a willingness to complete is required. Ability to complete minor repairs, plumbing, electrical and carpentry work would be an asset. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, work well with a team and independently, possess good customer service skills, and be community focused.
For more information or to submit an application, including cover letter, resume and references, contact the Town Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 306-962-4444, in person at 217 Main Street, or by mail at Box 757 Eston SK S0L 1A0.