By taking an active role in your community, you are helping to build a culture of preparedness in Eston. While governments at all levels are working hard to keep Canada safe, everyone has a role to play in being prepared for an emergency.
Emergency Measures Plan
Did you know that our community has a written Emergency Measures Plan in place to help in case of an emergency? Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-962-4444.
SaskAlert is the Government of Saskatchewan emergency public alerting program that provides critical information on emergencies in real time, so you can take action to protect yourself, your family and your property.
Instructions to help set up the app can be found here, or stop by the Town Office with your device for personalized assistance.
An emergency alert issued through SaskAlert will let you know:
- What the emergency is.
- Where it is happening.
- Instructions to follow to stay safe.
- When the incident is over.
Alerts can be issued by:
- Environment Canada issues all types and levels of weather-related alerts.
- Government of Saskatchewan Ministries, Crowns & Agencies issues alerts for their areas of responsibility when emergency events are occurring that have the potential to affect life and safety.
- Participating Local Governing Jurisdictions who have participated and trained in the SaskAlert program.
The SaskAlert App’s goal is to alert people to emergencies in their area, as well as other areas of the province. An alert may be issued when there is an emergency that could harm people or damage property.